Monday, December 15, 2008

Ring-a-ling

John and I just wrapped up a great weekend of seasonal bliss!! We squeezed in nearly the last of our Christmas shopping, weathered our first snow together in Issaquah and had a great Holiday dinner with John's family and friends in downtown Bellevue, including an overnight stay at the Hyatt. Good times, good cheer! On top of that, we spent some quality time at Alvin Goldfarb's in Bellevue picking out our wedding bands. There are so many choices out there, so many beautiful designs and sparkly options...how do you choose? Making the decision to use some of the diamonds from my mom's wedding band did help narrow the choices (there is only so much you can do with square-cut diamonds)...and John and I landed on a beautiful custom design that will incorporate my mom's diamonds while at the same time, create something fresh and new for us. It's just beautiful! John has a favorite in mind too...but may want to look a little more before we seal the deal. ;-) We also picked out my permanent engagement band, and hopefully I'll be wearing that before the new year! So exciting...one more thing to gleefully check off the list. This weekend will mark 6 months from our engagement and 1 1/2 years dating...time truly flies when you're in love and having fun! ho, ho, ho!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I just threw up in my mouth. Just kidding, couldn't be happier!